News and Information
Energy Use and Environmental Practices Survey
Deadline extended to May 19
Help your industry, earn points
As with previous surveys, the information in the Energy Use and Environmental Practices Survey will be used to:
• document changes in environmental practices over time.
• assist in determining the future direction of GCSAA environmental efforts.
• identify key issues for potential research projects.
In addition, the data will help GCSAA:
• respond to governmental inquiries.
• answer the public’s questions about environmental issues.
• promote the efforts superintendents are making on their golf courses.
• provide a solid basis for comments on proposed regulatory issues that may impact the golf industry.
GCSAA will award 0.25 service points for taking the survey. In addition, those who take the survey will be automatically entered into a drawing to win one of seven $320 GCSAA gift cards (one in each agronomic region). The gift cards can be used for any GCSAA program or service, such as a membership, seminars, webcasts, conference registration, etc.
Tips for completing the survey Superintendents will be asked to supply the total amount of energy used during 2008 for the entire golf facility. You may need to contact your energy service providers to obtain this data or gather the information from the person responsible for the utility bills. The rest of the survey should be completed with ease from your knowledge of maintenance practices.
We understand there are some potentially difficult sections involving facility energy use, waste and fuel consumption, but participants are encouraged to complete the survey to the best of their abilities. You can return later to complete sections you may not have been able to complete in the first pass. If you are having difficulty obtaining energy use data, or are unable to obtain the requested energy use data, skip those question(s) and complete the rest of the survey. Be sure to save your survey in case you get interrupted or are unable to complete it in one sitting.
• Take the survey now.• View the video on GCSAA TV.
• Read Frequently Asked Questions about the Golf Course Environmental Profile Project.
• For more information, contact Mark Johnson, GCSAA’s senior manager of environmental programs, by e-mail or at 800-472-7878.