The natural beauty of a gentle rolling terrain, variety of oak, ash and cherry trees combined with 18 magnificent holes of championship golf makes Cherry Creek a truly unique golfing experience and one of Metro Detroit’s best golf destinations.
The Lanny Wadkins/Mike Bylen design is a challenging invitation to all players with 4 sets of tees measuring from 5012 to 6784 yards.In addition to our magnificent course we have one of the largest golf practice facilities in Metro Detroit and in the state of Michigan.
Voted the “Best Practice Facility in Southeast Michigan”, Cherry Creek Golf Club offers an incredible opportunity for golfers of all experience and skill. Our practice facility includes a 50 station driving range with 7 target greens of various yardage, 2 putting greens and 3 practice greens with bunkers for putting and chipping to accommodate every shot that’s within 20 yards of the green.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may service in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.