Lakewood Shores Resort is a 54 hole golf resort located in Oscoda, MI. The resort is comprised of three 18 hole golf courses. The Seradella, Blackshire and The Gailes which is consistently ranked on 'Golfweeks Best Courses You Can Play' list.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will assist in leading the grounds department and work in conjunction with the Superintendent, General Manager and Owner. The Assistant Superintendent will direct the daily maintenance operations of the three golf courses as well as resort grounds. The position offers the opportunity to mentor under the current Superintendent and to transition into the role of Head Golf Course Superintendent after one year.
- Assist with preparing and executing agronomic plans, schedules and applications.
- Assist with hiring, training and supervising a professional staff.
- Assist with the purchasing of golf course maintenance supplies and materials.
- Monitor/scout golf course playing surfaces.
- Plan for, monitor and repair irrigation as needed.
- Prepare and apply fertility and plant protectants.
- Work with equipment manager to assure proper R&M of the golf course equipment.
- Plan for and lead projects & capital improvements.
- Communicate regularly with other members of the management team and owner to discuss activities, goals, plans and customer inputs.
- Some snow removal responsibilities.
- Organize and maintain a professional environment within the golf course maintenance department.
- 2 years experience as a Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Dedicated and committed to excellent customer service.
- Well organized and ability to prioritize and run an efficient operation.
- Possess a positive attitude and approach.
- Great communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf courses.
- Obtain a State of Michigan Pesticide Applicators License 3a, 3b, 5, 6
Along with a competitive salary of $45,000 this position includes the following package of benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Continuing education
- Local and National association dues