Prestwick Village Golf Club currently is accepting resumes for the position of Equipment Technician. This position reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and will work alongside 3 other assistant superintendents. Prestwick Village Golf Club is a private member owned country club, 18-hole facility located in Highland, Michigan and has hosted the Michigan Open and will be the host site of the 2021 Michigan PGA Championship. Prestwick boasts a Championship style golf course and one of the top 50 driving ranges in the country. Prestwick is a true golf club where golf is first and foremost of importance. Superior golf conditions are demanded daily.
Videos of Prestwick Village Golf Club:
Current equipment technician is retiring after over 25 years at the club. Replacement equipment technician will have opportunity to speak with and use him as a sounding board for upcoming questions and additional help throughout the years. We are looking forward to hiring an equipment technician for the next 20 years.
Qualified candidates will possess a strong work ethic and ability to work well with others. We are looking for self-motivated and self-starting individuals. An individual who is able to do whatever is necessary to finish the job properly. Equipment Technician experience is preferred but not necessary. Golf course experience is preferred. Qualified candidates will also realized that the weather and golf course conditions dictate hours of operation. Equipment technician will operate and maintain shop in the most efficient and safe way as possible.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Maintain and perform preventative maintenance program on all golf course equipment.
- Oversee shop area maintenance, organization, safety, and cleanliness.
- Perform reel and rotary blade grinding, sharpening, and setup.
- Assist management in operator training and safety on all turf equipment.
- Purchasing parts necessary to maintain inventory and complete repairs to ensure equipment is ready for use on daily basis.
- Communicates effectively with management and turf care team for proper setup and safe operation of equipment.
- Perform major and minor repairs on all turf equipment
- Working knowledge of light and heavy turf maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions for the golf course maintenance profession.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Valid driver's license.
This is a year-round, salaried position with benefits:
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Club contributing IRA
Life insurance, Long and Short-term disability
Tournament bonus, Annual bonus, golf privileges, local and national paid dues, local education, paid vacation and uniforms.