Course: Tanglewood Golf Club - South Lyon Michigan - 27 Hole Public Golf Facility
The ideal candidate for the position is able to smoothly transition to and from various tasks related to the overall operation. This person maintains all golf course equipment and golf car fleet in both repair and general preventive maintenance. Keeping good records of maintenance performed is a must.
- Coordinate and schedule all equipment for repairs and/or maintenance.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects in golf course maintenance equipment and golf cars. The equipment at Tanglewood is primarily Toro cutting units, as well as a golf cart fleet of 130 gas Yamaha cars.
- Grind, back lap, set and adjust mowers.
- Responsible for staying within allotted budget, coding bills, meeting with vendors to purchase items necessary for the upkeep of equipment and golf car fleet. Keeping up to date inventory.
- Responsible for oil and gasoline inventories.
- Will assist in training and showing proper, safe usage of equipment.
- Maintain shop and maintain yard in orderly condition.
- The position, on occasion, will assist in normal day to day work on the golf
- Experience as a mechanic or shop manager of a golf course operation.
- Experience in hydraulic and electrical systems.
- General understanding of golf course maintenance operations.
- Knowledge in the repair and maintenance of golf course mowing equipment.
Status: Full-time, hourly (based on experience) with potential for overtime in season