Wuskowhan Players Club is a private, 18 hole facility in West Olive, MI
The position of Irrigation Technician at Wuskowhan Players Club will include multiple job duties. We are looking for a candidate to perform necessary course maintenance tasks in the morning and then transition to irrigation system maintenance and repairs for the remainder of the work day. Experience with general golf course maintenance practices will be beneficial as this position will include morning maintenance tasks. This is a seasonal position that would run for approximately 32-36 weeks each season starting in April.
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and have at least 1 year of experience working with Rain Bird golf course or landscape irrigation systems. This experience should include all aspects of the system including mainline and lateral repairs, operation of satellite boxes, sprinkler head and valve repairs, operation and repair of electrical components and familiarity with pump house operations.
We are also seeking an applicant who is able to work well with fellow employees, communicate effectively and follow instructions. An ability to read diagrams and schematics would also be beneficial. A valid driver’s license with a good driving history is also required.
A typical day could include any of the following:
- Hand water greens, tees and / or fairway dry spots.
- Make repairs to the irrigation system, pipes and heads as needed.
- Perform ongoing maintenance to ensure system remains at optimal performance.
- Perform small repairs on pump station as needed.
- Operate computerized controls, satellite controllers, Kenwood radios and monitor equipment.
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory.
- Operate and maintain all irrigation equipment to manufacturer specs and standards.
- Perform other duties as directed by Assistant or Golf Course Superintendent including mowing, raking sand bunkers or other daily golf course maintenance tasks.
Benefits with this seasonal position include health and dental insurance, 401k with employer match and paid vacation days in accordance with employee handbook. Uniforms will be provided as well as free lunch during the work week from the clubhouse. Golfing privileges are included on Mondays as well as the potential for a year-end bonus.