Davey Golf is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent. This position is at Solitude Links Golf Course, a public, 18-hole facility located near Port Huron.
We are looking for an individual that can lead and direct while being respectful to customers and employees. As an integral part of the management team, the candidate should be willing and able to take on the responsibility for the upkeep of the course at a high level of quality.
- Assist the superintendent in daily course monitoring and make adjustments to duties as necessary.
- Schedule daily tasks of the crew and observe their work to ensure duties are being done in a proper and safe manner.
- Supervise and train the crew members in the proper and safe operation of golf course equipment.
- Assist with the application of fertilizers and chemicals to the golf course and grounds.
- Assist with the watering of the course, along with scheduling and repair of the irrigation system.
- Supervise and work along with the crew on course improvement projects.
- Have a positive attitude while setting a proper example for the crew in safety, time management, cleanliness, and adherence to policies.
- Two-year turfgrass management degree or two years of experience as an assistant superintendent.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated, self-starting
- Must have a Michigan pesticide applicators license or be able to obtain one in the first 60 days of employment.
Paid time off
Opportunity to advance
401k with company match
Employee-owned company with discounted stock purchase option
Group health plan