Paint Creek has a picturesque layout that wanders up and down along a rolling landscape of knolls and hillsides shaded by stands of oak and maple. The course began its life as a nine-hole, public facility back in the 1960's. It was expanded to 18 holes in the early 1990's which is when it became a private club. The remodeling was supervised by local architect, Don Childs. Since then, many other improvements have taken place at the club, including the renovation and expansion of our clubhouse.
Our gently sloping bent grass fairways offer a variety of playing adventures. You'll be crossing creeks and wetlands, playing to island and peninsula greens and taking on doglegs. Some holes, like the 6th, will give you panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of all golf course daily operations; Including but not limited to, golf course greens, tees, fairways, roughs/natives, landscapes and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of equipment in conjunction with mechanic; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may service in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- Two-year turfgrass management degree or two years of experience as an assistant superintendent.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated, self-starting
- Must have a Michigan pesticide applicators license or be able to obtain one in the first 60 days of employment.
Paid time off
Opportunity to advance
401k with company match
Employee-owned company with discounted stock purchase option
Group health plan