Stonehedge Golf Club South and North courses were designed in 1988 by Charles Scott and 1995 by Charles and Jon Scott respectfully. The South Course is set in a scene of dramatic, rolling forested countryside and has been included in Golf Digest’s list of the top 75 most affordable courses in the United States. The North Course has grassy, windblown holes, forested terrain, and dramatic elevation changes. It has a combination of 6 par threes, 6 par fours and 6 par fives. The South and North Courses are part of Gull Lake View Golf Club, Inc. properties.
The equipment manager must have the ability and knowledge to work on gas and diesel engines. They must also be able to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical systems. The manager must also be able to perform regular and preventative maintenance on all equipment, complete effective record keeping, purchase parts and supplies for repair, have effective communication with supervisor and staff on safety and maintenance of equipment, and organize workspace. Other duties include participating in all maintenance duties on the golf course and club facilities as directed by the superintendent. Welding and golf course experience a bonus, but not necessary.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel-, electric- and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
- Communicate instructions and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the superintendent.
- Train on proper use and operation of equipment
- Operate and maintain a safe work environment
- Provide positive customer service and experience
Vacation, 401K, Health Insurance/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending Account, Health Savings Account, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, AFLAC and MetLife, food and merchandise discounts, golf at 6 courses, national and local dues paid, and performance bonus.