Pine Lake CC was founded in 1902 by a group of like minded auto enthusiasts. Originally called the Automobile Club of Detroit, a social club. These men were some of the most wealthy and powerful of their time and helped shape the Motor City, and the suburbs. In order to add to the clubs attractions and amenities, they hired a famous Scottish designer Willie Park Jr. to lay out a proper golf course in 1921. Pine Lake has continuously evolved since then to include indoor and outdoor tennis, boating, beach, pool, and golf. The clubhouse is on its third remodel since the original and the golf course has been renovated several times. We are currently working with Drew Rogers, ASGCA, on a comprehensive renovation plan to restore the golf course to its original look and feel. This plan was approved by the membership in August 2017, with a starting date of July 2023.
Minimum of 1-2 years experience. Assistant / AIT reports to the Golf Course Superintendent for daily course operations and advises on all matters of golf course maintenance policies, projects, and activities including clubhouse grounds, tennis courts, and turf care facility.. Looking for a self-motivated team player with strong communication skills and eye for detail. Highly motivated and committed to the field of golf course maintenance.
- Works closely with Superintendent in preparing and executing all daily golf course activities while strategizing all short term and long term agronomic goals.
- Required to communicate all concerns, successes, observations problems and mistakes in a timely manner.
- Responsibilities include team member training, equipment operation, chemical and fertilization applications, irrigation scheduling, and all other daily golf course needs.
- Supervisory responsibilities include teaching, coaching, promoting a positive team environment and disciplining when needed.
- Responsible for evaluating the course from the players perspective.
- Required to posses a Michigan Pesticide License within the first 60 days of employment.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Required to lift at least 50 lbs. and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Competitive Compensation/Commensurate with experience
- Uniform allowance
- Meals during work hours
- Golf privileges
- Local and National Association Dues
- Education allowance
- Attend Green Committee meetings