Thousand Oaks is a Reese Jones designed course located just north of Grand Rapids MI. It was opened in 1999 with hilly terrain carved out of the woods and offers incredible views comparable to the Resort courses in Northern Michigan. It has an active membership and is considered one of the best private clubs in West Michigan.
The course is currently undergoing a full course bunker renovation project so the new second assistant will gain experience with renovation and restoration work.
Thousand Oaks is part of Redwater Collection which includes 4 private clubs and 3 public courses as well as popular off-site restaurants. Redwater is a West Michigan based growing company that is very family oriented and promotes from within whenever possible.
The second assistant will help create and implement the fertilizer and pesticide programs. They will be the lead employee for design and implementation of the clubhouse landscape plan. After storms and during the shoulder season in the winter, the second assistant will help implement the Tree Master Plan with considerable work assignments designed to improve the health and condition of the turf. On assigned weekends, will manage the daily work of the seasonal crew.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years experience on the staff of a top-rated course or at least 2 years\' experience plus a 2-year turf certificate or higher in Turf Management.
- Desire to learn and better yourself professionally and personally
- General knowledge of irrigation repair
- Have (or can obtain within 30 days) a MDARD Commercial Pesticide Applicators License
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience with bunker renovation a plus
- Proven success in current position
- 50% of Cost of Health Insurance through the company insurance provider
- Dental, optical, and life insurance plans available
- Meal allowance that can be used at any Redwater Collection restaurant
- Clothing allowance. Golf shirts also provided
- 2-weeks paid vacation
- 401K plan available after 1 year
- Local and National dues paid
- Golf at any Redwater course
- Possibility of advancement within the company