Indianwood Golf & Country Club is a 36 hole private club located in Lake Orion, Michigan. It is comprised of the \'Old Course\' and the \'New Course\' The Old Course is annually ranked on \'Best of\' lists nationally and locally as well as hosted the 1989 and 1994 U.S. Women\'s Opens and the 2012 U.S. Senior Open.
Under the direction of the equipment manager and/ golf course superintendent, the assistant equipment manager assists and/or works with the equipment manager in the repairing and maintenance of various gasoline- and diesel-powered golf course maintenance equipment. The assistant equipment manager also assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to a preventative maintenance program, and places safety procedures as a top priority.
- Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the equipment manager and/superintendent.
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various pieces of golf course maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
- Repairs and adjusts engines and cutting mechanisms on various heavy and light mowing equipment.
- Keeps maintenance equipment greased, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
- Monday through Friday. An occasional weekend day might be necessary.
- Working knowledge of the general operation of gasoline-, diesel- and electric-powered equipment; the proper methods of servicing golf course equipment; and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Mechanical ability; ability to use common mechanical tools.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and the membership.
- Positive Attitude
Health Insurance, Dental, Life, Paid time off, and uniforms