Golf Course Management: (2) 18 Hole Resort Golf Courses
-The Mountain Ridge G.C.
-The Bestie Valley G.C.
-Learning & Practice Center Facility
Crystal Mountain Resort is looking for motivated individual(s) dedicated to grow and excel in the golf course industry. This opportunity will provide these individuals with a comprehensive internship learning from multiple years of combined agronomic and management experience. Our dedicated staff will help motivate these individuals to adapt, grow, and develop necessary industry sought qualifications for future career development.
Applicants are encouraged to participate in daily golf course management cultural practices and processes with the Superintendent, both Assistant Superintendents, and golf course maintenance team. Individual(s) willing to lend themselves to this team process will benefit greatly and allow for a first class learning experience.
Seeking individuals should be goal orientated, enthusiastic about working within a team, and demonstrate strong leadership qualities with confident decision making capabilities. 36 holes of golf and a dedicated learning/practice facility, students will experience all aspects of golf course maintenance such as, but not limited to:
- Daily course management on native based soil pushup greens with bent-poa mix
- Involvement with Bunker & Tee renovations while maintaining championship course conditions
- Chemical/fertilizer calibrations and applications made to all areas of turf grass
- Field experience with irrigation and executing water management using Toro Lynx software
- Assist with onsite Aquatic Pond Water Management Program
Located 45 minutes south of Traverse City Michigan, Crystal Mountain Resort is a premiere destination Golf Resort in northern Michigan. Our facility will be hosting the Michigan Women’s Open and the Crystal Mountain Invitational.
Students will need to obtain a spray license within first 45 days of employment, with following categories needed:
- 3A ( Turf grass) and 5 (Aquatics)
Application Process: Fill out application on web page: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?nck=8775339935&ServerVar=crystalmountain2.appone.com
- Select category titled GOLF: Select ‘Seasonal Greenkeeper’ position to apply
- Jason Farah contact number: (877) 533-9935 ext: 4501
- Golf privileges
- On-site housing opportunities
- Over Time available
- Allowance towards footwear and rainwear