Indianwood Golf and Country Club is a 36-hole facility located in Lake Orion Michigan a northern suburb of Detroit. Indianwood is steeped in tradition and history having hosted the 1930 Western Open, 1989 US Women\'s Open, 1994 US Women\'s Open and the 2012 US Senior Open. The Old Course was designed by Wilfrid Reid in 1925 and is currently rated #91 in Golf Magazines Top 100 Classic Course List. The New Course was designed by Bob Cupp and Jerry Pate in 1989.
Indianwood is currently looking for a Second Assistant position with an immediate start date. We are looking for a motivated, hard working individual that is interested in being a team member at a top club. This is a great resume builder position. It is our belief that a Second Assistant should be at Indianwood for 2 to 3 years at which time they will have the opportunity to observe and be taught the intricacies or golf course maintenance that will ready them for advancement to an Assistant or Superintendent position. This is NOT a general maintenance position it is a teaching position.
- Implementing daily tasks as directed by the Superintendent and First Assistant
- Applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals
- Daily inspection of the golf course and grounds
- Generation of daily "to-do" suggestions for maintenance operations
- Required to attend ALL maintenance staff meetings
- Communicates regularly with the Superintendent and First Assistant to discuss activities, goals and plans
- Knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices, specifically cool season species bent/poa tees, greens and fairways with blue grass mowed rough
- A thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations including but not limited to; employment, safety and environmental standards
- Participation in continuing education
- Ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicators License from the State of Michigan
Construction experience is a plus as the Old Course is in planning for a new irrigation system. Kevin Aldridge, General Manager, is an award-winning golf course architect. All tee, bunker and green renovations are done in-house.
Other points of interest: the Aldridge\'s also own and operate Lakewood Shores Resort a 54-hole facility in Oscoda Michigan with on site lodging and an 18 hole pitch and putt course.
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available
Cost for attending Local Conferences