Indianwood Golf and Country Club is a 36 hole facility located in Lake Orion Michigan a northern suburb of Detroit. Indianwood is steeped in tradition and history having hosted the 1930 Western Open, 1989 US Women\'s Open, 1994 US Women\'s Open and the 2012 US Senior Open. The Old Course was designed by Wilfrid Reid in 1925 and is currently rated #91 in Golf Magazines Top 100 Classic Course List. The New Course was designed by Bob Cupp and Jerry Pate in 1989.
Indianwood is currently looking to fill the Head Superintendent position with and immediate start date. Indianwood is a little different that most private clubs in that we are solely owned by the Aldridge family with the Superintendent reporting directly to Kevin Aldridge, General Manager, there is no greens committee and no member input to answer to. Indianwood is looking for a motivated, hard working individual that takes pride in his or her work and is interested in running a top club.
- Interviews, hires, trains and supervises all personnel including the first assistant and second assistant and full time mechanics for the purpose of maintaining the golf course and grounds
- Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals
- Oversees the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish day to day activities
- Daily inspection of the golf course and grounds to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved and to effect changes in management programs
- Acquires equipment and supplies necessary to maintain the golf course and grounds
- Responsible for inventory control and equipment maintenance at both maintenance buildings
- Keeping accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide and fertilizer applications and any other data point that is required by the State of Michigan
- Communicates regularly with the owner to discuss activities, goals and plans
- Advanced knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices, specifically cool season species. Indianwood is bent/poa tees, green and fairways with blue grass mowed rough. Experience with tall fescue rough is a plus
- A thorough understanding of the rule and strategy of the game of golf
- A high degree of administrative and executive ability, especially in terms of problem solving, decision making and planning
- Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations including but not limited to; employment, safety and environmental standards
- Participation in continuing education
- Pesticide Applicators License from the State of Michigan
Construction experience is a plus as the Old Course is in planning for a new irrigation system. Kevin Aldridge, general manager, is an award winning golf course architect. All tee, bunker and green renovations are done in-house.
Other points of interest: the Aldridge\'s also own and operate Lakewood Shores Resort a 54 hole facility in Oscoda Michigan with on site lodging and an 18 hole pitch and putt course.
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available
Paid Time Off
Cost for attending Local and National Conferences