|The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is committed to providing businesses with tools that help ensure compliance and keep people and our environment safe. Recently, EGLE’s Materials Management Division partnered with the Water Resources Division, Air Quality Division, and Environmental Support Division to produce a self-audit checklist that allows used oil generators to quickly evaluate if they are properly managing their used oil to meet the waste, air, water, and emergency response regulations.|
The new checklist is ideal for:
- Auto repair shops.
- Quick oil change shops.
- Fleet maintenance garages.
- Automotive retailer stores.
- Primary metal manufacturers.
In addition to the checklist, the new tool provides:
- An editable emergency response poster that can be customized to help employees and emergency response staff react to a spill
- Labels that can be used for containers or tanks of used oil and used oil filters.
Check out the Used Oil Common Violations Checklist and take advantage of these new resources. For questions related to the new tool, contact your local district office or Christine Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-285-5637.