2020 was certainly a year of challenges and surprises. Youth on Course, like many nonprofits, had plenty of both.
- We could not see our amazing supporters face-to-face and our golf events were canceled. Fundraising to support our programming was expected to decline dramatically.
- COVID-19 and the global pandemic shut down our offices. It also forced us to suspend our Caddie and Internship programs.
- Youth across the U.S. and Canada flocked to Youth on Course to become members (600 per day at the high point). Golf emerged as one of the only safe sports and activities for kids.
- Our members took advantage of the opportunity to learn and grow on the golf course and played over 410,000 subsidized rounds.
- YOC still awarded 21 four-year college scholarships to our national membership.
More Good News:
- In a recent survey, 75% of our members responded that YOC had positively impacted their lives OFF the golf course.
- After initially projecting a 50% decline in fundraising, 5,000+ generous supporters like you stepped up and helped us raise within 10% of 2019 totals and kept the program strong and vibrant. Thank you.
We are energized and enthusiastic about 2021 thanks to your support and commitment to providing life-changing opportunities through golf. We are committed this year, with your help, to build a community of young people who believe in and continue to experience our core values of Play, Relationships, Learning, and Inclusion.
You have given us the confidence to continue moving boldly forward and we look forward to keeping you up to date on our progress.
CEO, Youth on Course