Click Here for the Consolation Bracket
1. The Two Person Team Match Play event is an ongoing single-elimination tournament in which two teams play match play (best ball net, aka Four Ball Match Play), during each round. The winning team advances to the next round. All players must be active members of the MiGCSA.
2. Each player plays their own ball from tee to green. The player with the lowest net score on a given hole wins that hole for his team. The match is won by the team that is leading by a number of holes greater than the number of holes remaining to be played. (e.g., 4 up with 3 holes to play – known as winning 4 &3).
3. The stipulated round is 18 holes; however, if both teams agree in advance, the stipulated round may be adjusted to 9-holes.
4. If the match is even after the last hole, the match continues until a winner is decided. Handicap strokes remain the same for playoff holes.
5. USGA Rules apply: https://www.usga.org/rules-hub.html
1. Identify your USGA handicap index. Max handicap is 24 for this competition.
2. Work with the Pro Shop to find your course handicap according to course and tees being played for the match.
3. Take 80% of the course handicap. (i.e., max competition handicap is 19.2, once 80% is applied)
4. Handicap strokes are allocated as net strokes from the lowest handicap player in the match per USGA guidelines 9-4a (iii) (i.e., lowest handicap plays with no strokes).
5. Ask the Pro Shop to prepare a card with dots on the appropriate holes for the match. Please let the Pro Shop know that this is a Two-Man Best Ball Match (Four Ball) when making your tee time so they can prepare the card in advance.
6. You must have a USGA/GAM/GHIN Handicap account and record scores official handicap is required, no exceptions.
1. The winners of each round shall advance to the next round. The bracket will be displayed and updated on the website.
2. After completing your match:
a. Send an e-mail or text with a picture of the signed scorecard and date of your match. Please include a picture of the winning team so we can post on website.
Contact Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Tweet your results to @MiGCSA
1. Individual entry fee (for prizes): $30.00
PRIZES & AWARDS:
• 1st place team – $1,000
• 2nd place team – $200
• Each Team in Final Four – $100
• 1st place team – $100
• 2nd place team – $50
• Each Team in Final Four – $50
1. It is the responsibility of the players to arrange their own matches, including the scheduling of tee times and course location. In the event of one player being absent at the starting time, a side may be represented by a single player. If the second player joins during the match, they must join between holes. See http://www.usga.org/rules/rules-and-decisions.html#!rule-30,30-3.
2. Please schedule your next match as soon as both winning teams are known. You can schedule a match as soon as possible. It is your responsibility to touch base with your opponents.
3. If the opponents can’t agree on a date within the allotted time, please contact the MiGCSA. If a match schedule cannot be mutually agreed upon by the participants, assuming both teams made a good effort to find a mutually agreeable time, the match will be decided via a coin toss.
SCORE CARDS: Please fill in your score card completely!
● Record each player’s gross and net score on every hole (put “x” if the player picked up).
● Circle the winning score for each hole.
● Clearly mark on the front of the card the match play score (for example “Newton/Wilson d. Manning/Roethlisberger, 2 & 1”).
● Sign, attest, and date your card.
Any disputes will be decided by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.