JOB SUMMARY: Angels Crossing Golf Club is seeking an assistant superintendent. The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will be part of a team responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the golf facility. The scope of these responsibilities will include staff and course management, working within a budget and equipment maintenance. Areas may include renovation projects, landscaping, scheduling, crew supervision and training, calibrations, irrigation use and repair, pesticide/fertilizer applications, and other areas as needed.
- Assist in the selection and hiring of golf maintenance staff to meet the current needs of the department.
- Supervise and schedule crew during all phases of course maintenance.
- Ensure staff provides for the proper care and cultivation of shrubs, trees, flowers and turf.
- Be proficient in irrigation head repair and irrigation clock scheduling.
- Make all of the applications of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Ensure all golf maintenance staff members are trained in the proper operation, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Address staff issues in a proper manner, keeping the Head Superintendant updated.
- Based on business demands, perform general grounds maintenance work daily.
- Identify problems and make recommendations for course maintenance to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Equipment maintenance
- Clubhouse maintenance
- 2 or 4 year degree in Agronomy or Turf Management preffered
- 2-3 years turf management experience as 2nd or 1st Assistant Superintendent, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in managing cool season turf
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of the game of golf and its rules
- Ability to multitask, delegate responsibilities, supervise, and train employees
- Must be able to identify pest threats on the golf course
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and applicators license
- Mechanical repair knowledge a plus
- Salary dependent on experience
- Professional dues
- Job Type: Seasonal Full-time
Must be a certified applicator in Michigan