Pine View Golf Course is a busy 18-hole Par 72 & 9 hole par 30 public facility with a practice range and practice green.
The responsibilities of the Head Superintendent include:
- Supervises maintenance crew of 7-10; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; trains and evaluates staff. This is a very hands on position so the Head Superintendent will perform some of the same duties as his or her staff while monitoring their work and golf course conditions.
- Assures the golf course maintains the best possible playing conditions including proper placement of pins, tee markers, and proper raking of bunkers.
- Supervises and assists in the maintenance and repair of golf course irrigation systems. Supervises drainage problems, including irrigation controls and pumping stations; supervises proper water management.
- Inspects and tests turf grasses and turf conditions and identifies irrigation problems, insect infestation and other problems; determines and implements appropriate action to restore turf to optimum playing conditions.
- Oversees and performs pesticide, chemical and fertilizer applications; tracks hazardous chemical, and reports on OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of golf course equipment, including tractor, mowers, aerators, sprayers and others.
- Evaluates and analyzes issues, and recommends and implements solutions; provides leadership to assure that construction and maintenance programs are in alignment with the goals and objectives and budget constraints.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Works and coordinates with Head Professional/GM for course requirements for various golf outings and golf leagues.
- This position is typically a 10 month position and the salary will reflect that time frame.
We are looking for someone that has prior experience. Here is a list of some of the required knowledge and skill set that is needed for this position:
- Golf course maintenance, turf management & agronomy principles & techniques.
- Proper operation, use & care of specialized tools & equipment used.
- Safety protocols for specialized equipment operation & the handling of pesticides & chemicals.
- OSHA MSDS for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
- Monitoring golf course grounds & identifying maintenance & safety issues.
- Evaluating golf course grounds & soil conditions, & managing projects to assure that the grounds & the turf are properly maintained.
- Assessing & prioritizing multiple tasks, projects & demands.
- Supervising staff, & delegating tasks & authority
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends during the golf season
- Qualified Assistant Golf Course Superintendents will be considered
- Candidate will be eligible for Health insurance for him/herself.
- Candidate will have full golf privileges for him/herself, spouse, and children under 21.
- Meal allowance