Oakland Hills Country Club is a Donald Ross designed 36 hole, private club in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan established in 1916. The South Course is consistently ranked in the top 20 in Golf Digest and has hosted 17 major championships including the 2004 Ryder Cup and 6 U.S. Opens. Oakland Hills contracted Gil Hanse to restore the famed South Course to the masterpiece that Donald Ross created. Work will continue on the south course this spring to ready it for its reopening this summer.
The Assistant Equipment Technician will report directly to the Equipment Manager and work closely with the Equipment Technicians in the shop on daily quality checks and preventive maintenance on all equipment. Our equipment consists mostly of John Deere. Equipment is always being updated to industry standards. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail to provide our membership two championship conditioned golf courses every day.
We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Reel theory and practical application of cutting unit set up and maintenance.
- Gas, diesel, hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting repair.
- Maintenance on large and small engines/equipment.
- Welding and fabrication.
- Training employees on proper and safe operations of equipment.
- Keeping the shop and work areas organized and clean.
- Golf course equipment experience a plus, but not necessary.
- General mechanical repair and maintenance required.
- Reel grinding set up a plus, but not necessary.
- Team player.
- Upbeat positive attitude.
- Organizational skills.
- Fine attention to detail.
- Works well with others.
- Willing to learn new concepts and techniques.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot equipment failures.
- No tools needed.
Temporary housing is available on property, Health and Dental, 401 K, Vacation, Golf Privileges, and ability to volunteer at professional tournaments, all dues paid for associations, uniforms, lunch and continuing education opportunities.