Grand Hotel is part of Davidson Hotels & Resorts — one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. We are located on Mackinac Island in the Straights of Mackinac at the northern tip of lower Michigan where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet. Grand Hotel takes great pride in providing stunning gardens and meticulously maintained golf courses for our guests and the thousands of visitors that tour the island annually. We are committed to making Grand Hotel a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. For additional information about Grand Hotel, please visit our website at www.grandhotel.com
Grand Hotel is seeking a dependable, positive, motivated individual to assist in managing all daily activities throughout Grand Hotel's grounds. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Scheduling, supervision, and training of 10-20 crew members
- Daily inspection of golf course and grounds to ensure to ensure highest level of maintenance is achieved
- Scouting to identify potential diesease and pest problems. As well as application of plant protectants and fertilizers as needed.
- Effectively operate, and assist in preventative maintenance of extensive fleet of equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Experience with crew management preffered
- Knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides
- Broad plant and weed identification skills preferred
- Must have a positive attitude and be a self starter
- Current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator within first 60 days of employment
-Association dues, Uniforms, Golf privileges, Housing and meals package available.