American Dunes Golf Club is an 18 hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Design facility located in Grand Haven, Michigan. Over the past two years the course has undergone a complete course renovation, and is set to open this May. American Dunes is a golf course built that will forever stand as a tribute to our military and to commemorate the birthplace of The Folds of Honor. Proudly, 100% of the American Dunes’ annual profits will go to The Folds of Honor Foundation to assist in Providing educational scholarships to spouses and children of fallen and disabled U.S. service members.
Seeking an Assistant Superintendent who will work closely with the Superintendent to manage the staff and the day to day operation of the golf course. The Assistant will get hands-on experience in every aspect of the operation, with heavy emphasis on preparations in becoming a Superintendent. This is a working managers position, where expectations are as follows:
- proficient at managing the crew while also completing one\'s own tasks.
- Team oriented, positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- Willingness to work weekend hours
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the department.
- Ability to properly apply/calibrate fertilizers, seeds, and pesticides.
- Ability to manage course moisture levels through the irrigation system or hand watering.
- Conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the superintendent.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Turfgrass Management or related field
- Valid state pesticide license or ability to obtain on within 90 days
- Possession of a valid driver\'s license and reliable transportation
- Pride in maintaining an organized, safe, and clean working environment
- Basic computer skills
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Dues to Local and National Associations
- Golfing privileges